Bottom line is: people were made for community. There are very few other places in our society where people can find accountability, challenge each other, and grow spiritually. By participating in a group at Immanuel our hope is that you may find a welcoming, challenging, and spiritually maturing group of people who care about you and your development in Christ-likeness.
Small Groups at Immanuel are made up of 8-14 people, study scripture together, meet either on-site or in people's homes and work to develop community. Groups are made up of men and women that have a desire to help each other grow more Christlike as they encounter what God's word has to say.
Micro Groups at Immanuel are made up of 3-5 men or 3-5 women. Micro Groups are focused on diving deep, caring for and encouraging one another to live Christ-like wherever God has placed them. Studying scripture and applying it's implications is the main goal. As the community deepens and develops, we believe the ability to speak into one another's lives increases exponentially.
To find out more information or to sign up click "Group Sign-up" below:
To check your group in for attendance and communication, click "Group Check-In":
The MicroGroup Five
1 - How has your week been?
2 - Worship Service Tie-In Question(s):
- Psalm 62: What are the things people in society generally put their hope and attention? What relationship does true authentic trust in God have with true and authentic rest?
- Luke 18:35-19:10 - Who are the
blind beggars in our society? What professions
today could be viewed as similar to the Tax Collector? Why?
- HAVE YOU EVER RECEIVED A GIFT THAT YOU FELT YOU DIDN’T DESERVE? HOW DID YOU RESPOND? MAYBE IT’S NOT “HALF YOUR POSSESSIONS,” BUT IS THERE ANYTHING YOU’VE FELT GOD HAS ASKED YOU TO GIVE THAT YOU STRUGGLED WITH? IN WHAT WAYS WAS/IS IT DIFFICULT? WHAT IS IT ABOUT GRACE THAT AMAZES YOU?
- Psalm 51 - WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME (IF EVER) YOU TRULY HAD A BROKEN SPIRIT OVER YOUR SINFULNESS (MORE THAN JUST A SINGULAR SIN)? WHY DO YOU THINK IT IS IMPORTANT TO APPROACH THE LORD WITH REPENTANCE, EVEN AFTER RECEIVING HIS FORGIVENESS AND GRACE?
- Psalm 46 - HOW HAS GOD BEEN “EVER PRESENT” WITH YOU THROUGH A TRIAL? DESCRIBE THE TROUBLE, TRIAL OR DISCOURAGEMENT.
- WHAT “FEAR” ARE YOU DEALING WITH THAT YOU NEED TO TURN OVER TO THE LORD?
- Psalm 34 - COULD IT BE POSSIBLE THE “GOOD WE SEEK” CHANGES WHEN WE WHOLEHEARTEDLY SEEK THE LORD? HOW? HAS THIS HAPPENED TO YOU? V4: HOW AND WHEN HAS GOD DONE THIS FOR YOU? WHAT TROUBLES, STRESS, DIFFICULTIES DO YOU NEED TO SEEK REFUGE FROM GOD?
- Psalm 8 - If you were to book-end your day (like the Psalm) with recognizing God as "THE LORD" and "Your Lord" and carve out time in your day to fully consider God (v3) what impact would that have on your day, family, life? What could it look like to "fully consider God"?
- Psalm 2 - How will making Christ King over your life make your life different? What ways does he not currently reign in your life?
- Psalm 1 - How can you make the shift from feeling God's law as "oppressive" to something you "delight" in?
3 - What have you studied or learned from the bible this week? How does it challenge you? How could you apply it to your life?
4 - How have you been able to reach out to someone this week?
5 - What can we pray about for you (specifically)? What can we pray about for someone close to you? What can we pray about for our church, community and world?