Immanuel Church of Holland is hiring a part-time (25-30 hrs/week) Director of Children's Ministries to oversee the spiritual development and growth of our kids!
Immanuel Church is an almost 90 year old church with many young families, a strong sense of community, an unyielding commitment to God's word, and desire to make disciples throughout the world and in the greater Holland (MI) area.
What you will do:
- Oversee all kid's ministries from nursery through 5th grade
- Evaluate and implement curriculum
- Equip volunteer teachers with skills and resources to be effective
- Recruit and communicate effectively with volunteer team
- Oversee other part-time children's ministry staff
- Partner with parents in spiritual well being of their children
- Encourage spiritual growth and community among the volunteers involved in children's ministries
- Oversee child check-in procedures and equipment
- Be a point person for communication with office
- Contribute, communicate and collaborate with the staff team
- Oversee and implement the child safety protocols
- Invest in the lives of the families involved in children's ministries
We are looking for:
Someone who is highly relational, pays attention to detail and communicates well. This person should be able to work effectively with minimal supervision. We are looking for someone who has experience leading a classroom well. This person will also have a heart of compassion for children and volunteers this person leads.
Ideal candidates will have educational training and experience, have a strong understanding of the bible, strong theological stance, and life that is consistent with those beliefs. A four-year higher education degree, formal biblical training or equivalent experience is preferred.
Membership at Immanuel Church is required for employment, as well as beliefs that are consistent with our statement of faith.